Wednesday 15 August 2012

M - landing

I've got behind on filming but as I have my nephew Sam helping me all week I am planning to catch up over the next few days!
M arrived on 9th June with a very toe first landing (above) and very thin soles - along with a few other foot and limb issues. He has started to grow a much better hoof capsule and his soles have developed well over the last couple of months.
As a result his landing has begun to improve too.

There is such a big difference between the old and new angles of growth that his toes now look very long but - as with Legend - he doesn't yet have a good enough palmar hoof to support that being trimmed. It does mean that the footage isn't as clear as I would like but I hope you can still see the changes.

2 comments:

Kristen Eleni Shellenbarger said...

I see it! It's funny b/c there is a part of me that 'wants' to roll those front rolls so the break over is better, but I know, u have shown me time/time again, that is not always what the horse needs and to allow time. (sitting on my hands) ;)

M's mum said...

Yay, there's a definite difference in his landing! Don't those toes look odd, it does look like he's tripping over them in front! - (Legend's flippers spring to mind!) Looking forward to seeing these feet for myself again tomorrow.