Friday 24 August 2012

Going from shoes to barefoot

"The habitually shod foot is a pampered, emaciated thing ill-prepared for real work"

I stumbled across this excellent quote today - and before any irate members of the Worshipful Company of Farriers start chuntering, the author is talking not about equine but human feet ;-)
The quote comes from this great blog entry all about going from shod to barefoot - and although it focuses on those who have 2 legs, rather than 4 there are lots of sound principles which apply equally to horses coming out of shoes: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-to-prepare-for-barefooting/#ixzz24SEKkyrb

Its full of common sense recommendations though I suppose the obvious equine equivalent of a lacrosse ball is a pea gravel yard! Anyway, I enjoyed it and I hope you do too. Now all I need is for Vibram to invent the FiveFingers Wellie Boot :-)

No comments: