Friday 22 July 2011

Feel-good Friday Film!

Its got celery, its got bare hooves, its got dodgy ground conditions, its got xc jumps, its only a minute and a half long - what more do you want?!
After a week which started out as a wash-out, here is my attempt to end it on a high - thanks to Andy for the camera-work - he is definitely getting better at it, although it helps that Felix is a "one-take" horse!

Most of all, of course, kudos to Felix, the most incredible pony in the world - although I do have to keep apologising to him that it took me so many years to realise a bridle was an unnecessary distraction...he is just AWESOME!
With a bit of luck and a following wind, our next bridleless video will be shot out hunting  - can't wait :-)

9 comments:

Dare Gothic Clothing said...

Love it, you are both superstars :) Looking forward to the hunting vid :)

Barbara said...

Yay Felix! that was very cool.

Val said...

You and Felix rock!

What do you use for the cordeo?

jenj said...

I DON'T CARE if Pirates of the Caribbean music is overdone (for dressage freestyle anyway), it totally fits you guys! I LOVE IT!

You know, you're going to have to serve celery at any movie night at your house from here on out...

PS. Is that an RP saddle I see???

PPS. Now that Felix knows he can jump out of the pasture, will he be at your back door for tea?

Nic Barker said...

Thanks guys :-) Val, I would tell you if I knew what a cordeo was - if you mean my neck-strap its just a stirrup leather - gives me something to hang on to!

Jen - yep, probably a stick of it in a Bloody Mary ;-) Yes to the RP too - I've got 5 and I like them the best of any saddle I've tried so far (and I've tried LOTS, bit like you!).

The amazing thing is that although he pops quite happily out of the field under saddle he has never yet done so unsupervised, though I must admit I was thinking the same when I watched it :-)

cptrayes said...

I love the way he tilts his head and winks at the camera as he passes - did you spot it :-) ?

C

Nic Barker said...

C - absolutely - both when he comes out of the water and when we pass Andy in the sploshy gateway - I swear that horse could spot a camera half a mile away ;-)

Unknown said...

Fabulous :))))

Jane said...

Awesome! you both have the tandem. You really know the different horse riding techniques.
Keep it up guys!