Sunday 27 February 2011

Over 2,000 miles, over 40,000 blog visitors!

A couple of serious milestones were reached over the weekend - the Rockley hunters - Angel, Bailey, Charlie, Felix and Jacko have already clocked up over 2,000 miles this season  - barefoot, of course - and this blog has clocked up an amazing 40,000 visits and counting...  Not a bad birthday present for an old bag who is now over 40 :-)
Of course, of the hunters' mileage, the vast majority has been achieved by Felix (on the right), at over 715 miles so far.  He has already beat his total for last season and we still have 2 full months to go...He is such a fantastic little horse.

Charlie (on the left) and Angel (who I am riding as I take the photo!) have been beating on the door, but with the best will in the world I can't get out as often as I would like, so they have had to be content with a definite second place, and being glad of extra trips out when Edward can take one or other of them!

I was amazed to see that the blog has had so many visitors - I knew that there were more people stopping by (thank you!) but had no idea that we had become quite so popular :-)  I hope that you will all carry on finding the blog interesting and entertaining despite my increasingly senile ramblings!

9 comments:

amandap said...

Happy Birthday.

I love your blog and entries like the one on wonky feet are so enlightening and push the envelope of 'normality' and 'best'.

Nic Barker said...

Thanks Amanda :-) The blog keeps me sane ;-)

Cristina said...

Happy Birthday! Frankie says Hello too.

clairesgarden said...

wishing you many more happy barefoot miles!!

cptrayes said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Lucie said...

Happy Birthday from both Soli and I :)

Nic Barker said...

Aah, thanks all, very much :-)

N xxxx

cptrayes said...

It's OK, 40's not that bad ..... try 50 :-)!!

Nic Barker said...

Well, I hope I will in due course :-)