Thursday 7 December 2017

Performance Hoof Workshops for 2018

I know its a while till the New Year but it will be upon us pretty soon and now that "Performance Hoof" is finally out there I was wondering if there would be any interest in me running some hoof workshops in the New Year?

I have a lot of people emailing me wanting advice on specific horses and in all honesty its not possible to give sensible advice from a photo or even a video but a workshop with real horses and real owners would be a totally different matter.

The idea would be to look at both the environment as a whole and at the individual horses and try to come up with some tailor-made ways of improving hoof health and performance.

We could film horses moving, as I do here, and assess how they are landing and loading their feet and what could be improved or strengthened. Looking at nutrition is always a vial part of any hoof health programme so that would be another important area to look at, along with what sorts of ridden and in-hand exercise might be most beneficial for the horse.

I'd be happy to travel and run workshops (probably for a whole day) at people's own yards as long as there were enough people interested and enough horses to give us some variety. 

If you are interested in setting up a workshop for 2018 then do email me nic@rockleyfarm.co.uk with  details of where you are and numbers of horses/owners and lets see what we can do!


No comments: