Thursday 12 July 2012

Celery, surfaces and another wet summer

I tried to add this earlier but Vimeo is not a happy bunny at the moment so I've switched this back to Youtube for now...Lots of you will have seen this before but I've added some more footage on surfaces and its a fun reminder of how well feet trimmed "by celery" deal with surfaces.
Keen-eyed blog readers will notice that this was from last summer, when I'd just started riding Felix with no bridle - lots of fun!

I was encouraged to be reminded that last summer was just as wet as this one and yet we all survived and eventually even managed to make fantastic haylage, so keep smiling, folks ;-)

4 comments:

Freyalyn said...

Fabulous little video - and how lovely to see the control and soundness without those things that most people would assume were utter necessities - shoes and a bit!

Nic Barker said...

Thank Freyalyn :-) The control is definitely there AS LONG AS he is allowed to jump - avoiding jumps is tricky!

I always think that riding without a saddle means the rider is impressive (I am not!) but riding without a bridle means your horse is impressive (and I think F is!)...;-)

M's mum said...

This is just soooo cool!! Quite a thing, that.

Samantha Beckett said...

loving to see that again.....