Thursday 12 April 2012

Belated Buster

Buster's family came to visit him over the weekend  - luckily while the sun was still shining and he was a very good boy going out and about with Kirsty...
...water splash  - no problem...
...sauntering down the hill...
Buster came here straight from box rest and MRI showed collateral ligament damage, worse on his RF.  His landing when he arrived was flat/toe first, but over the last few weeks he has established a much better heel first landing.

Buster is still not 100% on a circle so that's what we will be working on over the next few weeks but like all rehab horses, there is at least 3 months to go until he has grown in a full new hoof capsule and his medio-lateral balance is as good as it can be.

1 comment:

Nicky said...

In NFU's defence, they've paid without question for my claims.£2,500 for hospitalised colic, when my horse coliced only 16 days after I bought him! Plus £5,000 for lameness in all 4, including major rehab work for his foot balance and arthritis treatments. My horse is in shoes, so I understand this is a different situation, but the service has been very good and they've always paid me back within a few weeks. Plus, even though my claims value is very high compared to the premiums I've paid, I've had minimal premium increase at renewal. I suppose my message is for other treatments I've found them very, very good so maybe don't dismiss them so quickly?