Wednesday 2 January 2008

Freezing!

Sudden change of weather today - very strong easterly winds, much colder and we may apparently have snow on the way. The horses are not impressed, and are all in the westerly yard, the barn and the firs, protected from the worst of the wind chill and refusing to come out!

I spent the first half of the day beating my paperwork mountain into order (new year's resolution is a scorched earth policy for my desk...) then gritted my teeth and went out and exercised Conto and Monsoon (who were both very good) and Ghost and Jack (who both thought it was a terrible idea to go out just before teatime and dragged their heels all the way out and sprinted all the way back, naughty boys).

Back to trimming tomorrow, and I am really looking forward to seeing one horse in particular, whose shoes came off 6 weeks ago. I'm hoping to see much improved hooves, so will post an update about him shortly.

No comments: