Thursday 15 December 2011

What do you do on Exmoor...

...in the middle of winter on a day when the rehab horses aren't being exercised and it starts snowing, hailing and then there is a thunderstorm...Go inside and do the books?
No - you grab Charlie and go hunting of course :-)
Look at those boys go!
Although the snow was lying, the ground wasn't frozen, the dog hounds were on blinding form and we had a brilliant, fast few hours which Charlie absolutely loved.  I haven't hunted him for ages  - he's mostly been Andy's horse this season and Andy was supposed to take him today, and I was supposed to stay at home - but Andy stayed behind and I lucked out...
...and as always, despite the ground being sodden and the hail lashing our faces, it was a privilege to be out and the beauty of Exmoor was undeniable - if a little wintry. 
PS: Texans, I can understand that this may not appeal quite so much to you guys :-)



7 comments:

Samantha Beckett said...

SNOOOOOOWWWW :)

Lucie said...

Fab!! You know Charlie is my favourite Rockley boy :)

cptrayes said...

Texans? It doesn't appeal to this Brit much either!

C :-)

jenj said...

I think your first option, stay inside with the books (in front of a warm fire with a hot cup of tea, I should think), is what I would have opted for.

cptrayes, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Nic Barker said...

It was fab, C - we Exmoor bods had a wonderful day - the only ones who suffered were 2 visitors from up country who came with inadequate clothing ;-)

Dressager said...

This Texan wants to get out and see some actual snow, and on a horse no less haha!

Nic Barker said...

Well it would be lovely to meet you so come on over :-)