Monday 19 December 2011

Christmas, snow and hunting

The big problem with my job is that Christmas can easily end up just like any other day - get up, feed horses, muck out, groom horses, muck out, turn out horses, muck out, bring in horses, muck out, feed horses, muck out - well, you all know what its like.
So this week even if the yard is staying the same, I am going to try and make the blog a little bit Christmassy to try and get us all in the mood - though it may also end up including footage of rehab horses with tinsel round their necks or something...(!).
For today, here are some wonderful photos taken last week when Charlie and I went hunting in the snow - thanks to Adrian for these and there are more brilliant pics from him, as well as some of mine, on the Exmoor Foxhounds page on Facebook.
I love this one, which was taken by Hamish Mitchell, who was out shooting for Horse and Hound - more fantastic pics on his Facebook page...
...and he was then snapped by Adrian...
but there is no doubt that Hamish was in the right place at the right time!

5 comments:

Neets Human said...

Lovely Pics.. Glad to hear someone else lives in a Christmas Card too ;)

Nic Barker said...

A very damp and waterlogged Xmas card at the moment - I have rivers running through the yards...!

jenj said...

Gosh, those are some beautiful pictures! The one looks like it belongs on a holiday card!

I can't wait to see pics of the horses done up for Christmas - I had hoped to decorate the barn this year, but it (like so many other things) didn't happen. Maybe next year?

Media Wurzel said...

Hi Nic,

Stunning photos. When are these in H&H or have I missed them. Oh and Happy Christmas whilst I'm at it!

Nic Barker said...

Hmm, Jen, there won't be Christmassy barn shots, I am afraid - too many horses, not enough time :-) I am hoping the Christmas Eve meet will be photo-able, though!

MW - the H&H article won't be out till January, as far as I know, but I will let you know when. Happy Christmas to you and the might Flynn, of course :-)