Thursday 8 December 2011

Calling all owners...

I'm looking for feedback from you guys on an idea that's been bubbling away since the Rehab Reunion last September...(this photo is nothing to do with that, but Adrian posted it on Facebook and I love it - Felix, Charlie, Stacy and me on Saturday!).
It seemed to me that one of the aspects of the RRR which was most rewarding and useful was the chance to talk to other owners, compare how your horses are getting on, swap tips and advice and give each other encouragement and support.

So, I was wondering whether you would you be interested in having the odd weekend "get-together" - without horses but with other owners - when you could do just that?
It would be a good chance to go into some of the most important aspects (like nutrition and biomechanics) in more detail and to brainstorm about how to improve things.  If you were up for it, I would try and get an interesting speaker to come - there would be a charge but I would keep it as low as possible.

I'd love your thoughts and if it seems like a good idea I'll try to put something together for 2012...

10 comments:

Han said...

I'd definitely be interested in doing that.. Will be easier travelling without the pony in tow, and could probably coincide with a visit to see John (at Dartmouth).
Would be great to meet people and share ideas, etc.

jenj said...

Are non-Rockley owners allowed too?

dreams579 said...

always up for extending my knowledge!

JillS said...

If non- Rockley owners are welcome then definitely. Completely stranded up here in Scotland. Had duff advice from one trimmer, another lamed my horse (twice!) and vets don't support my decision at all.

Nic Barker said...

I thought of it as an extension of the RRR, so really had Rockley owners in mind but maybe if you felt it would be useful we could extend it. I suppose it would depend on what we were covering...Need to give that some thought, but thanks for the idea... :-)

Nic Barker said...

PS: Jen, I think I can safely say that if you made the trip from Austin, Texas I wouldn't turn you away ;-)

Unknown said...

I would definitely be interested! I'm sure Pauline and Annette would be too!

cptrayes said...

I'd be interested if you could extend it to all rehab horses?

C

Lainey said...

Moi aussi.xxxx

Solar said...

I'd be interested in coming :)