Friday 30 December 2011

Looking back and looking forward

I've had a few updates in on former rehab horses, so by way of a "Happy New Year" to them and all the other rehabs, here is their news...
Lea sent me this lovely photos of Taz; we nicknamed him the Police Horse when she rode out here with double reins and full high viz and here they are looking the part - since the Houston mounted police are barefoot, perhaps Taz is blazing a new UK trail!

I've also heard from Tiffany that Oscar's feet are doing well, but unfortunately no action shots of him because he has developed gastric ulcers but fingers crossed that he will be out and about again early next year. 

Lenny and owner Aileen have also emailed - this time its Aileen who has been under the weather but she has nevertheless valiantly managed to keep Lenny in work!

"Just a quick e mail to let you know that Lenny is still doing well. He has had a bit of an easy time of it over the last couple of weeks as I have had flu followed by a chest infection, but I have managed to keep him ticking over. Despite the lack of work his feet are looking fairly good. Hopefully now that I am feeling better I can 
 get his work levels up again.
 
 His back is changing shape so fast that I can't keep up with him! He had another saddle fitting a few of weeks 
 ago and the saddler said she was very pleased with how much it had  changed since he got his new saddle, since then his back has changed  again and I need to book another fitting!. He is standing much better  now, his front legs are straighter rather than under him and his back  has risen up and his shoulders widened out. All in all he looks a much 
better shape. "

Great news, and Happy New Year to you all :-)

No comments: