Monday 14 November 2011

The rollercoaster rolls on...

Talk about a weekend of ups and downs...

On the plus side, the weather was glorious and the autumn colours are spectacular so when Andy took Charlie hunting on Saturday they were both very happy and it was an incredibly beautiful day.
As I went to the meet on foot I took my camcorder and I am glad I did as it was one of the most picturesque on our calendar.  I have some fun footage (quintissentially English, for all you Texans!) which I will upload later in the week. 
On the downside, much more seriously, Paddy had a bout of spasmodic colic late on Saturday, which has thankfully now resolved but which entailed another emergency vet call out and of course masses more worry for Debbie and the rest of us.  

There is a high chance for horses to colic post surgery - not surprisingly, as having your guts opened up, bits cut out, stuck back together and everything being stuffed back in leaves inflammation and adhesions which can cause issues over the subsequent weeks.   For now, Paddy is feeling fine again, but please keep sending those good wishes because we all still need them(!).  

Taz and Paul went home yesterday (Edward said the barn is half empty without Taz  -at 17.2hh - to fill up the space!) and a new horse, Solar, arrived so there will be lots more footage and updates on all of them over the coming week. 

Its been a rather tiring few days, as I am sure you can appreciate, and I know you will excuse the short post today - more soon :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending best wishes to Paddy - hoping things go smoothly from here on out.

jenj said...

I'm sorry to hear that Paddy had another scare - hopefully that will be the only one and it will be uneventful from here!

The hunt looks beautiful, and I can't wait to see the rest of your pics! Opening hunt was this weekend here but we had to miss it (both horses are now not fit enough to hunt), so I'm currently living vicariously through your pictures!

Neets Human said...

Wishing Paddy all the best.. I don't know whether you have ever come across this but Succeed might help with the healing..

..google succeed horse supliment. but anyway hope the healing is speedy. must be hair wrenching out for everyone.

amandap said...

Still sending strength to Paddy. x