Wednesday 21 April 2010

Not bad feet for a thoroughbred

February
February
March
April

All the current rehab horses are making really good progress and I am sure the last 2 weeks of sun on their backs has also helped to cheer them up! After posting about Big Charlie yesterday, today its Frankie's turn.

As he now has some really good growth in his hooves, I thought it would be interesting to look at his photos from February up to now. From this angle, the biggest change is in the dorsal hoof wall, which in the lower photo is growing at a much steeper angle.

He has a corresponding improvement in the caudal hoof, particularly the frogs, which are less crushed and contracted than they were when he arrived. I'll post frog shots another day ;-)

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Really interesting - think I'll have lots to ask when I visit later this week.