In no particular order, here are the issues we are encountering:
- Horse flies swarming at plague proportions from 6am till at least 8pm - not leaving us much fly-free riding time(!)
- Kind, well-meaning people whom were are planning to stay with offering us lots of grass to turn out our horses on overnight :-0
- Concern from people who live in Wales because the land round them is VERY stony and we will never make it without shoes - in fact even horses WITH shoes apparently don't often make it(!)
- Generous, well-meaning people offering us fantastic rye-grass hay for our horses when they are stabled overnight...
- Concern from people who live in the Quantocks because the land round them is VERY stony and we will never make it without shoes...etc...
- Not being able (yet!) to find ANY effective repellent for aforemetioned horseflies (have tried 3 brands so far this week...suggestions welcome)
- Concern from people who live in Somerset because we will have to do lots of roadwork and we will never make it without shoes...etc...
- Sarah's mild panic at riding for 2 weeks with only 2 pairs of trousers - she is being very brave at the moment but will her nerve hold?
PS: Guess what? No flash floods today either...about 3 drops of rain - nearly enough to get us wet...Better luck tomorrow Met Office (they are still forecasting rain - I suppose if they persist long enough then one day they will get it right...)